Sia - Josh Grayson
3.5 hearts

When I first saw this, it was the blurb that really caught my attention. Books about memory loss are something that just fascinates me, so when I saw it was available for review, I snagged it. Sia has woken up on a bench after an accident, with no memory of who she is but she has an iPod that says that the playlist is Sia’s, but that doesn’t give her any more of an idea of who she is or where lives or about her family. She is homeless for while and makes some friends that help make it while living on the street and find her way back home. But, once she finds out just who she really is, Sia is who she thought she was. And the more she learns, the curious I was if she would go back to the way she was before.

The main character Sia, comes from a family with money, she was the popular, what I mean is, she was a “mean girl”. Girls wanted to be her, boys wanted to date her, but most people really didn’t like her, they just feared her. I wan’t sure about her at first but she grew on me, and I ended liking her and rooting for her. She met a couple of people before she made it back home, Carol and Kyle. Carol was the sweetest, she was an older woman that was there for Sia, and Kyle was an just angry boy when she meets him. There was a lot more to his character though, and I enjoyed getting to know him. He was a good guy and was what Sia needed in a friend.

The story is about a young girl who searches to find herself. The pacing was good for this, it gave time to learn more about Sia and her past. With her memory loss, she isn’t that same girl that everyone adored/hated, she tries to handle the truth about who she was before, and she struggles with it. I thought it showed some real character that she owned up to it, and wanted to be that person anymore. Sia’s home life wasn’t all it was cracked up to be either, it meant something else for her to deal with it on top of everything else. There was a small romance that was part of the story between Sia and Kyle, but it didn’t take away form the point of this being about Sia and her chance to change. The plot was on the predictable side, and maybe some the events that took place all wrapped up nice and neatly, but there was enough bumps in the road for Sia, so I didn’t find it unrealistic, I found it refreshing instead.

Sia was a sweet story about second chances, and the journey along the way and how it isn’t always easy. I would recommend if you are looking for a light contemporary, with characters that make you want to root for them. It was a great read.

For more review, check out For more of reviews, visit Book Live Forever